Professional French Translator
Professional English to French translation and proofreading services
100% human translation - No machine translation
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is really a large matter — it’s the difference between lightning and a lightning bug” Mark Twain
What Is Translation?
Translation is the communication of meaning from one language to another language.
This apparently simple definition actually contains very significant key words: 'communication' and 'meaning'.
Indeed, the right translation is not the closest one nor the most beautiful, it's simply the one that succeed in communicating the meaning of the original text in a new language.
What Is My Translation Process?
1. The first Task of any translation process is an accurate analysis of the original text in order to gain a comprehensive understanding.
For me it's extremely important to have an insight into the global meaning before starting the translation.
2. Translating is the core of the process.
I translate each part as if I am writing them in native French, seeking to keep the global meaning.
No word-for-word and No automatic translation.
3. The first Proofreading operation is done manually and with great care to correct mistakes and clumsy wording.
At this stage I also reformulate each part in order to produce native-like content.
4. For the Editing task I use an automatic professional spelling/grammar/style checker (Antidote 9) to eliminate remaining issues.
At this stage, the text takes its final shape and if required by the client, I do all the necessary formatting (layout, pdf, word, etc.).
5. Before the delivery, I do the final proofreading and I check the quality of the result.
6. The ultimate task is the delivery of the translated material.
English to French translation for professionals, individuals and students.
French editing and proofreading
English videos transcription and translation
Fields in wich in Work:
Real estate contracts
Terms & Conditions
Why a Freelance Translator instead of an Agency?
Value: Because there's no intermediary, you pay only for what you need. That is, the translation.
Consistency: One translator dealing your texts means more quality in the long term
Confidentiality: You give the access to your sensitive documents to one person only
Communication: You always speak directly with the person in charge with your material
As an experienced native French translator, I can translate all of documents or web pages.
I can also help you by proofreading and rewriting text that has already been translated.
But I don't just translate and proofread your document: I reformulate, adapt and rewrite it so it looks like a authentic French document.